DSC Disqualification Reasons:
Person’s holding a commercial driver’s license at time of offense; non-Texas driver’s license; speeding 25 mph or more over the posted speed limit; committing a traffic offense in a construction zone when workers are present; passing a school bus loading or unloading children; if you have taken the class for another ticket dismissal within a year or you are currently taking the class for another ticket dismissal.
To qualify for DSC you must:
1. Come to the Court Clerk window on or before your court date to request DSC
or you may appear on your Court Date before the Judge;
2. Plead guilty or nolo contendere (No Contest) and waive your right to a jury
3. Pay court costs in the amount of $107.00 unless the offense occurred in
a school-crossing zone, then pay court costs in the amount of $132.00;
4. Present to the court a valid Texas driver's license or permit;
5. Present to the court proof of financial responsibility in your name (automobile
DO NOT TAKE THE DRIVING SAFETY COURSE BEFORE COMING TO COURT, YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FROM THE COURT, PAY YOUR COURT COSTS AND SHOW YOUR DOCUMENTS FIRST
If you would like to request a Driving Record you can go to www.Texasonline.com and request #3A for a certified copy.